The United Arab Emirates (UAE) beckons with its dazzling skyscrapers and harmonious blend of tradition and innovation, and preparing a weekend itinerary to the fascinating Emirates should always combine the old with the new.
Our top weekend plan for visiting the UAE, therefore, is to experience the fascinating modern appeal of Dubai as well as glimpse the rich tapestry of its history where you can Rent a car in Bur Dubai and visit the labyrinthine lanes of the cultural Al Fahidi Historic District.
Day 1: Dubai
Dubai is a glittering metropolis known for its stunning architecture, luxurious lifestyle, and dynamic cultural scene. It is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Morning – the Burj Khalifa
The first stop has to be the Burj Khalifa, the tallest and one of the most spectacular buildings in the world.
- An observation deck on level 148 with telescopes where you can enjoy stunning panoramic views over the city.
- Breakfast at At.mosphere on the 122nd floor with its breathtaking views.
Midday – The Dubai Mall
The Dubai Mall, a colossal shopping and entertainment complex, is a stone’s throw from the Burj Khalifa. And to make your shopping more enjoyable, just Rent Ferrari and feel the taste of life.
- Luxury shopping.
- Underwater Zoo with a mesmerizing world of marine life.
- VR Park offers a wide range of thrilling simulations and games.
- An Olympic-sized ice rink.
- Numerous restaurants and cafes.
- The Souk, an area that recreates a traditional Arabian market.
Afternoon – a Desert Safari
After a day of breathtaking architecture and high-tech awesomeness, it’s time to get back to nature with a desert safari.
- Dune bashing through the desert in 4×4 vehicles.
- Sandboarding down steep desert dunes.
- Traditional camel rides in a vast, awe-inspiring desert landscape.
- Overnighting in a Bedouin-style camp, complete with belly dancing and traditional music.
- A sumptuous buffet of Arabian dishes.
- A spectacular starry view of the night sky.
Day 2: Bur Dubai
Bur Dubai is a historic district located on the western side of the Dubai Creek in Dubai.
Morning – Al Fahidi Historic District
Here you can explore the labyrinthine lanes reminiscent of a bygone era.
- A stroll through the narrow lanes of Al Bastakiya, a preserved historic neighborhood that offers a fascinating glimpse into Dubai’s past.
- The Al Fahidi Fort that dates back to the late 18th century and houses the Dubai Museum.
- The Coffee Museum.
- Breakfast at the Arabian Tea House in a charming courtyard setting.
Midday – Dubai Creek
A leisurely midday stroll along the picturesque Dubai Creek offers a blend of scenic beauty and vibrant activity.
- The waterfront promenade that lines Dubai Creek, where traditional abras (water taxis) and modern showsF share the waterway.
- Traditional abra boat rides offer leisurely cruises along the creek.
- Historical landmarks, including the Al Fahidi Historic District.
- Waterfront cafes and restaurants.
Afternoon – Sheikh Mohammed Center
The Sheikh Mohammed Center for Cultural Understanding in Al Fahidi offers guided tours and cultural meals to gain a deeper understanding of Emirati traditions.
- Guided cultural tours that provide visitors with insights into the traditions, history, and cultural nuances of the United Arab Emirates.
- Traditional Emirati meals showcasing Emirati hospitality, customs, and dining etiquette.
- Participation in cultural programs such as traditional Emirati dance.
- Heritage House where visitors can see traditional architecture and furnishings of the past.
Evening – the Grand Mosque
As the sun sets over the creek, make your way to the Grand Mosque in Bur Dubai, a cultural and spiritual experience well worth a visit.
- The imposing architecture of the mosque is characterized by intricate details, majestic domes, and minarets. Exquisite Islamic art adorns the mosque’s interior, with intricate geometric patterns, Quranic verses, and beautifully crafted Arabic calligraphy creating a stunning visual effect. It also features a reflective pool that adds to the tranquil ambiance.
- A cultural center that offers guided tours to explain Islamic culture and traditions.
- Photography allowed in designated areas.
From the modern architectural marvels of Dubai to the carefully preserved history of Al Fahidi and the tranquil, desolate beauty of the Arabian desert, this will be a short but poignant journey through time, tradition, and innovation – a wonderful narrative guaranteed to create unforgettable memories.