As per the Factory Act of 1948, it is mandatory for every factory owner to obtain approval for building plans from the local authorities before starting a factory. The factory license serves as an approval document provided by the concerned authorities to conduct manufacturing activities. India’s Factory licenses are granted by the Department of Factories and Boilers.
Under the provisions of the Factory Act of 1948, every factory owner must obtain approval for building plans from the labor and employment department before going through a factory registration. To guarantee worker safety, this Act necessitates periodic renewal and registration of factory licenses.
Objective of getting a Factory License
The factory license registration process in India is governed by the Factories Act, 1948. Its primary objective is to ensure:
- Worker safety: Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment for your employees.
- Environmental protection: Minimizing industrial pollution and adhering to environmental regulations.
- Production quality: Upholding quality standards and fostering responsible manufacturing practices.
Benefits of getting a Factory License
Securing your factory license unlocks a host of benefits:
- Legality and credibility: Establish your operation as a legitimate and trustworthy manufacturer.
- Market access: Gain access to larger markets and secure contracts with reputable businesses.
- Financial stability: Avoid potential legal ramifications and fines associated with operating without a license.
- Peace of mind: Operate with confidence knowing your factory adheres to safety and environmental regulations.
Any factory employing 10 or more workers and using power machinery or 20 or more workers without using power machinery needs to register for a factory license. Consent to Operate is required for such registered factories. Certain manufacturing processes, regardless of the number of workers, also require mandatory license registration, along with the requisite Consent to Operate.
Document for Factory Registration and License
To embark on the registration journey, prepare the following documents:
- Application form
- Factory layout plan
- Proof of ownership or lease of the factory premises (agreement)
- Pollution control board consent
- Fire and safety department NOC
- List of machinery and equipment
- List of raw materials and finished products
- ID proof and address proof of the owner/occupier
- Other documents (Depending on your state and industry, additional documents may be required)
Factory License Online Application
Professional Utilities simplifies the factory license registration process by providing online assistance and expert guidance. We offer comprehensive information on eligibility, document requirements, and state-specific procedures. With our user-friendly online platform, you can:
- Access state-specific registration forms
- Generate checklists and track application progress
- Receive expert advice and support throughout the process
Remember, obtaining a factory license is not just about compliance; it’s about building a responsible and sustainable manufacturing operation. With Professional Utilities as your trusted partner, navigating the registration process becomes a smooth and efficient journey.